- Zilliqa is taking a strong lead amongst layer-1 protocols on a technical level
- Zilliqa is also being built from the ground up with sharding at its core
- Zilliqa, therefore, is in a unique position till Ethereum can implement its own scaling solutions
- Scilla, the programming language being used on Zilliqa, is also an easier, safer alternative to Solidity
- The Zilliqa ecosystem continues to grow, currently with over 40 projects
The team at Hillrise Research has released a comprehensive report focused on the blockchain project of Zilliqa (ZIL).
Zilliqa forms a Strong Alternative to Market Leader Ethereum
According to the team at Hillrise Research, Zilliqa (ZIL) is taking a strong lead amongst the current layer-1 protocols on a technical level. Their analysis is based on the fact that Zilliqa has been built from the ground up with the scaling solution of sharding at the core of its design.
Consequently, Zilliqa ‘forms a strong alternative to market leader Ethereum‘ as explained in the following statement.
Being built from the ground up with sharding in mind it forms a strong alternative to market leader Ethereum. Ethereums bid for scalability through sharding in Eth2, which further legitimizes Zilliqa’s approach, and will remain a unique value proposition until Ethereum’s sharding implementation.
Zilliqa’s Scilla Programming Language is a Safer and Easier Alternative to Ethereum’s Solidity
The report goes on to highlight Zilliqa’s unique programming language of Scilla as being ‘an easy and safe alternative to Ethereum’s Solidity’. Scilla is short for ‘Smart Contract Intermediate-Level LAnguage’ and has been built ‘specifically with smart contract safety and usability front of mind’.
Zilliqa’s Ecosystem Has Grown To the Tune of Over 40 Projects
In terms of the growth of the Zilliqa Ecosystem, the report by Hillrise Research went on to highlight that there are over 40 projects currently running on the ZIL blockchain. Furthermore, the Zilliqa community has created ZilliqaProject.com to track new additions to the ZIL ecosystem.
Some of the notable names in the Zilliqa ecosystem include:
- Zilliqa Capital
- Hg Exchange