Team Red Miner is a performance optimized cryptocurrency miner for AMD GPUs with support for a number of algorithms with the latest version 0.7.4 focusing on extending Ethash support for 4GB AMD GPUs for as much as possible number of upcoming epochs. Previous version 0.7.3 stopped working at Epoch 351 which Ethereum Classic (ETC) has now crossed, so anyone running 4GB AMD GPUs on ETC or Nicehash should update to this updated version as soon as possible. With Team Red Miner 0.7.4 Ethash support on 4GB GPUs should be available up to Epoch 380-383 wit ETC reaching them about a month ahead of ETH later this year. An alternative option for 4GB AMD GPUs mining Ethash is PhoenixMiner 5.0b that has also addressed the same issue recently. Apart from addressing issues with Ethash support the new version also brings some extra improvement in KAWPOW performance with results varying depending on the kind of AMD GPU you have available as well as some other general improvements and fixes that you can read about below. Team Red Miner is already the best option for KAWPOW mining on AMD GPUs in our opinion performance wise, but extra hashrate boost is always more than welcome.
Changes in Team Red Miner 0.7.4:
– Increased Ethash support on 4GB GPUs up to epoch 380-383
– Implemented split Ethash DAG buffers for 8GB GPUs to support DAGs over 4GB
– Kawpow optimizations (Navi +2.25%, Vega +1.25%, Polaris +0.25%)
– Added Gpu enable/disable API support.
– Windows TDR detection/handling/warning.
– Monitor detection on Windows/Linux with intensity adjustment.
– Fix for Ethash pool hashrate reporting stopping after network outage.
The miner is available for both Windows and Linux operating systems, a closed source software with 2.5% to 3% development fee built-in for all algos except Ethash and KAWPOW, for KAWPOW it is 2% and for Ethash on Polaris GPUs the dev fee is 0.75% and on all other GPUs is 1%.